Sunday 12 February 2012

List of books that I've recently purchased

I've bought a couple of books the past week after acquiring my RM 200 book vouchers. I am fully aware that the book vouchers were supposed to be used for textbooks and stationery, you know, stuff that are related to your studies. However, my college and most of the lecturers there discouraged the students to buy textbooks (too expensive, besides what would be the use of our library if every students owned textbooks) and I had sufficient amount of pens and other stationery that could last me for a couple of years since in my course, we don't really need to copy much notes. I'm not sure whether my lecturers wanted us to buy files for our assignment (since my semester had just started like, only few days ago and the assignment questions had not been released by the university in U.K.). Even if there is a requirement for files, I would think it may be too late as the vouchers expired on 31st March. I thought of buying a huge stack of papers since we had to print stupid load amount of notes (why can't we just read from our laptops, why else would they sent us the notes) not to mention lotsa assignment coming up soon. My house still had some supply of white papers but the thing is they're not that white anymore (-_-) and all of our assignments are going to be sent to my course's university in U.K. for moderation. So I'm just gonna use my remaining voucher to buy some useful things then.

Anyway, so I've bought some books, using both my own money as well as RM 150 worth of book vouchers, at Popular, Komtar branch. So many people were using their vouchers too, the college and university students.






- 河两岸 by 许友彬
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- To the Moon and Back by Jill Mansell
- Septimus Heap: Darke by Angie Sage
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Girl in the Cellar The Natascha Kampusch Story by Allan Hall and Michael Leidig
- What's New, Pussycat? by Alexandra Potter

I haven't read any of these books yet as I'm still reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown. I may paused The Lost Symbol and start any one of these books. There was one book that caught my attention, a Chinese book about this author visiting various bookstores around the world. I assumed it's about her experience and the people she encountered. Really pretty book and expensive too, RM 68. I'm still thinking whether I should buy. I'm also considering buying 那些年,我们一起追的女孩 if it's a Simplified Chinese version. I didn't get to watch the movie with my friends (I had to look after my brother in the morning) but my friends loved it and judging by the public response, it's really good. Another book that caught my interest was Perfect by Ellen Hopkins. Actually, it was the cover that attracted me, it seemed like it's going to be a depressing story. I'm still searching for the book that I'm super interested to read, which was The Boy from Baby House 10 by Alan Philps and John Lahutsky. I've read an article about the boy and his story really intrigued me. With all the depressing incidents that happened, he managed to stay positive and get a happy ending in the end. Sadly, I only get to go to Popular and not Borders nor MPH, which are both too far from my house. Well, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that I would be able to find that book in Popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment