Friday 26 June 2009

RIP Michael Jackson

Shocking news! Michael Jackson passed away on the 25th of June, Thursday, at 2.26pm, U.S time (5.26 am in Brunei time). He was reported to have collapsed in his home in Los Angeles (sp?) and was immediately rushed to the nearest hospital. The cause of his death is a suspected cardiac arrest. An autopsy will be held tomorrow to determine his real cause of death.

I first know about Michael Jackson's death when I wanted to watch a video in Youtube. I saw the big headline: "RIP Michael Jackson" and they were featuring lots of his music videos. Unable to believe this news, I went to Wikipedia. It mentioned the date of death. Knowing the unreliability of Wikipedia sometimes, I signed in to MSN... to check out the Today news pop up. And the biggest picture there, with Michael Jackson's pic, along with the headline: "Michael Jackson died." I ran to my parents' room to watch E! News. However, the morning edition of E! News was yesterday's report. Therefore, I switched to CNN and BBC. And sure enough, both news channels showed reports and were discussing about Michael Jackson's death. Complete with the headlines, citing that he died. I watched for more than one hour I think, switching between BBC and CNN. When I told my mom, she was shocked and immediately went to the room to watch as well.

Many people, fans and celebrities, and maybe some non-fans, are currently mourning the King of Pop's death. He was supposed to be on tour next month, starting in London. Now that he's dead, the shows are most probably cancelled. Many celebrities are expressing their sadness about the early death of Michael Jackson. By the way, he's 50 years old at the time of his death. Even the K-Pop scene are mourning his death. Inspiring countless of musicians, it is no wonder that every celebrities are feeling sad and depressed over his death. Like him or hate him, Michael Jackson is kind of a part of our life. His death, undoubtly, will affect almost everyone in this world.

I am personally not a huge fan of him. However, knowing about his death made me feel really sad. I did cried a bit when I saw Jermaine Jackson releasing a statement about Michael Jackson's death. He was struggling to control his emotion, and I felt his pain. It's just so... sad. This whole thing is very mournful. And then I saw a short clip of one of his music videos, and then I remembered, that I used to really really like Michael Jackson when I was a real small kid! o.o Anyway, I downloaded one of his song, called "Ben". He sang this song when he's really young. I will be downloading some more of his song soon~

RIP Michael Jackson. A legend and an icon. You will forever be remembered as the King of Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment