Wednesday 18 July 2012

Officially Entering Life in Twenties

It's my birthday today. Well, it's a pretty ordinary day to be honest. Bought myself three books and one bookmark as a present to myself, went to Starbucks and found out I got to redeem a free slice of cake this month, so got myself a blueberry cheesecake. I must say, it's pretty good! The blueberry jam wasn't too sour, it was just at the right taste. The cheese wasn't too concentrated and the bottom base biscuit part was not too hard. There's some slight crunch yet soft enough while eating it. It's even better than Secret Recipe's one.

This morning my dad called me and at the same time informed my 4th aunt that it's my birthday. I had no expectations from my aunts anyways since they only celebrate the Chinese birthday. On that day then they will give me red packets. So I guess my 4th aunt told my other aunts it's my birthday today because my 5th aunt called me and asked me what cake flavour I like and whether hazelnut is fine with me. I was kinda flustered and kept thinking "!!! DAD!!!" In the end she bought it anyways and then we had a really awkward mini birthday celebration for me, with three aunts and two of the cousins I'm most awkward with. Also took some pics. Gah so awkward!!! XD But then I appreciate the effort. ^^;; And the cake is pretty. Maybe I'll edit this post next time with the picture, since the pictures were taken with my 2nd aunt's Ipad.

In the afternoon I kinda got depressed actually. I was at the mall on the way to Starbucks and I kept seeing some senior citizens. It got me thinking. Due to personal reasons, I don't actually plan to get married. But then when I'm old in the future, no one will be able to take care of me. I would be slow in movement and have to use a cane to support myself while walking. Thinking about these made me really depressed. But enough about that for now!

So now, how I'm planning to spend the remaining hours of my birthday?

Why, some Shinhwa videos marathon would be lovely! Go Go Go *imitates Hyesung's voice*


"Your life is a gift from the Creator. Your gift back to the Creator is what you do with your life."

Billy Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment